Some Routes require Tunneling through Mountains or Construction of Bridges which can be costly; construction of such structures must be completed prior to construction of the Route itself.
Note: A Mine or City may serve a City in a Territory which you have yet to Unlock. Routes to Cities not yet available will be also be unavailable for construction.
Costs to Build Routes will vary.
- Upgrade to Route Level 2 will decrease Contract Time by 10%.
- Upgrade to Route Level 3 will decrease Contract Time by 30% and requires Gold to construct.
- Contract Times may be further affected by a Locomotive's Speed Rating .
|Note - Routes that are currently in use cannot be Upgraded.|
When a Mine is Exhausted and rebuilt nearby, the Route must also be built anew.
- Rebuilding already-Upgraded Routes will retain their level of Upgrade but will Cost more than those not Upgraded (including for Level 3 Routes).
- Rebuilding Routes involving Tunnels or Bridges will not require Re-Construction of the structure.
Some Mines may Serve 2 Cities at once:Lumber mill serves both Cross Hill to the Northwest and Coldport, East (with respective Route Levels depicted).
Route Selection may similarly be required for Passenger Contracts when Cities have established Routes between more than one other.